About Our Club
Our club, Rotary Club of Delhi South West of Rotary International was chartered on 2 October 1985. Club members includes the various classification eg Doctors, Chartered Accountants, Film Producers, Engineers, Advocates, IT Professionals, Singers, Businessmen etc. Currently in the club, we have 63 members and it is one of the prominent club in NCR Delhi.
Rotary Club of Delhi South West some of Community Service Activities during the years
- Fund raising event through Musical evening by Chitra & Jagjit Singh. Mirza Ghalib TV show artists were honored. Lt Governor Delhi Air Marshal Arjun Singh was Chief Guest. Funds raised were donated to Indian Cancer Society.
- Limca Book of records of Plantation of 5399 Trees in 16.4 minutes.
- Fund raising event through Musical Evening by famous Bollywood duo singers - Bhupinder & Maitali Singh. Funds raised used for Community projects.
- Established an Old Age Home and later on handed over to an NGO for further running. Also donated one ambulance, Generator and chairs to the old age home.
- Longest banner on social awareness
- Fund raising for Kargil Heroes and raised Rs 5 Lac and donated to PM Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee in Relief fund
- Youth Awareness seminar at Miranda House College and attended by Media & celebrities.
- Hosted GSE teams
- Donated one ambulance to Rotary Blood Bank, Delhi.
- Vocational Guidance Seminar at Govt Sec School, Safdarjung Enclave and at Vocational College, South Extension.
- Fund raising event organized & Rs 10 Lacs were raised.
- Intercity of Organ Donation & Green Cremation.
- Marriage of poor three girls.
- Khoobsurat program of ladies service projects.
- Academy for Accounts as free coaching for poor children.
- Medical Health Camp for poor people at Madi Pur attended by RI Director, RI President, PRID Sushil Gupta, Chair Deepak Kapur, DG etc.
- a Suv car to an NGO for transporting the minor girls rescued from trafficking,
- Set up a 50 computers lab in underprivileged school,
- Medical health camps for underprivileged people,
- Annual Painting competition of children with participation of approx. 3000 children,
- Celebration of -World elders day,
- Regular holding of blood donation camps,
- Serving the aged at Old Age Homes,
- Digital Literacy for unemployed youths, etc.
- Tree Plantation
- Setting up two Joint Blood Bank Storage centre with Rotary Blood Bank
- Setting up of new machines for blood processing with Rotary Blood Bank
- Joint Awareness campaign with RC Millennium & Rotary Blood Bank for Thalassemia amongst youngsters .
- Setting up of a Van for Thalassemia patients for blood Transfusions with Rotary Blood Bank .
- Registered Organ donors approx 3000 through Awareness campaign.
- Tree plantation at MCD School Katwaria Sarai and encouraged school to make Rain harvesting system.
- Cancer awareness and screening camp with association Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and RWA
- Campaign on Anti Tobacco in support of Rotaract club Sri Aurbindo College - 3 Nos
- Active participation in Walkathon on Organ Donation organized by NOTTO, GOI
WINS (Wash In School)
- Hand Washing Station at Kendriya Vidyala Pritampura
- Hand Washing Station at MCD School Katwaria Sarai
- Hand Washing Stations (Additional) - 10 Nos
- Utensil washing station at MCD School Katwaria Sarai
- Education for 45 underprivileged school children
- Adult Literacy - 12 Nos
- Microsoft project at Interact Club school St Cecilia
- Drinking water station at MCD School Katwaria Sarai
Club also runs four Interact clubs in Schools - Tagore International Vasant Vihar, St Cecilia Vikas Puri, Cambridge School Srinivaspuri, Amity International School Mayur Vihar. And Rotaract Clubs for college/community students - Sri Aurbindo College and Vedanta
Meetings and Fellowship Activities
Some of the meetings and fellowship activities are:-
Dinners with family ( Includes theme based dinners, dance competitions etc)
Outstation tours with family
Picnics with family
Meetings of the Rotarians
Priority No 1 Project of Rotary International
The dream of achieving a Polio Free World is perhaps the most ambitious project ever undertaken by Rotary. Rotary initiated the Polio eradication program worldwide and polio eradication is the only corporate commitment of Rotary to the world. Rotary is one of the key partner in Global Polio Eradication Initiative partnership, other partners are WHO, UNICEF and CDC.
Rotary in India has played a critical role in making and keeping India Polio Free and is a principle partner with Government of India, WHO & UNICEF.
India has now completed over 6 years of reporting its last Polio case. Rotary has invested USD 1.5 billion (Approx Rs 10,000 crore) in the polio program worldwide. Globally, Polio cases have declined drastically, however, India and other Polio-free countries remain at risk of Polio virus importation till it is present in any part of the world. With only three remaining Polio endemic countries – Nigeria, Afghanistan & Pakistan; India is at constant risk of virus importation from the neighboring countries.
We are confident of sustaining this till the world is certified Polio-free. In many ways, Rotary’s effort to eradicate Polio is to ensure children live their life happily and realize their potential rather than succumb to Polio paralysis and live a crippled fate.
Rotary rotates around the theme - Service through Fellowship and service above self.
Rotary works on the 6 focus areas as mentioned below:
6 FOCUS AREAS OF ROTARY
- Peace and conflict prevention / resolution.
- Disease prevention and treatment.
- Water and sanitation.
- Maternal and child healthcare.
- Basic education and literacy.
- Economic and community development.